10 Tips to ROCK Beer City Festival 2015!
It takes more than just a healthy appetite to have a memorable experience at Beer City Festival (BCF). So we compiled our Top 10 Tips to maximize your festival experience.
1. Buy Your Tickets Early! Arrive Early! Every year, BCF sells out. Don't be the only person without a ticket this year. Arriving early also means you can explore the event site and plan your beverage strategy.
2. Try Something New! Yes, we know you have your favorite brewery or brew in town. BCF is a great opportunity to try out new breweries that you are not familiar with or have not tried yet.
3. Talk to the brewers! These are the people who have crafted that liquid gold in your glass. And they love beer! Probably, more than you do. They also love hugs and good chats about beer.
4. Drink Water! This is beer festival 101. Summer in Asheville can be hot; make sure to stay hydrated throughout the day. Just because water is in beer, that does not make it the only thing you should consume.
5. Eat Something! The only thing as big as the beer scene in Asheville is the food scene. There are several award winning restaurants and cafes within walking distance of BCF for you to enjoy before and after the event. Food options are also available inside the event.
6. Travel Smartly! Take an Uber or taxi to the event, or enlist a friend to be your designated driver. Think about all the perks: no parking hassle; no irresponsible driving; drivers come to you; and it’s a lot cheaper than a DUI.
7. Dress for Success! BCF is a six-hour long outside event. Wear comfortable shoes and an outfit that will be keep you cool throughout the day. Sunscreen is your friend.
8. Leave Your Pup At Home! We know it’s Asheville and that you love your dog... for this event, please leave your dog at home. Only service animals are allowed inside the event.
9. Moderation! Moderation! Moderation! We all love beer, but that does not mean you should drink all of it. Encourage your friends and yourself to consume the tastings responsibly. If there is a brewery you didn’t get to try, just get their location and visit them on another day.
10. Have Fun! Be Safe! BCF is a great opportunity to come together and drink beer for a great cause: Big Brothers Big Sisters of WNC. Please take precautions to have a good and responsible time.